TERMS AND CONDITIONS - CABOT’S DECK OUT YOUR MAN CAVE 2017
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these
terms and conditions.
2. Submission of an entry and / or acceptance of a prize is
deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do
not agree to these terms and conditions you should not enter the
competition nor accept a prize.
3. This promotion is open to New Zealand residents aged over 18
years only. Anyone employed by (or an immediate family member of
someone employed by) the Promoter, Mitre 10, Mitre 10 MEGA, or the
Promoter's associated companies or advertising agencies, is
ineligible to enter or win. "Immediate family" means any of the
following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child,
parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt,
niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st
cousin and the persons referred to above includes biological and
non-biological relations (in the opinion of the Promoter) and the
Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an
eligible entrant in its absolute discretion.
4. This promotion is not applicable to charge accounts, trade
terms or special quotations.
5. Promotion runs from 02/02/2017 until 22/02/2017
(Promotional Period), or while scratch & win
cards last in the participating store.
6. The Promoter is Cabot's a division of DuluxGroup (New
Zealand) Pty Ltd (ACN 133 404 118), of 150 Hutt Park Road, Lower
How to enter the main prize draw
7. During the Promotional Period entrants must purchase 4 litres
or more of Cabot's Exterior product (excludes Deck Clean)
(Promotional Product) in a single transaction from
any participating Mitre 10 or Mitre 10 MEGA store
(Participating Store) and take their receipt to
the paint counter or check out located in each Participating Store.
The entrant will then be provided with a scratch card containing a
unique code (Scratch Card). After scratching the
Scratch Card, entrants must text the unique code first, followed by
their first and last name to 335. Any entries received which do not
contain a valid unique code will be invalid. Limit of one entry per
8. Entrants may enter each time they receive a Scratch Card
after purchasing a Promotional Product from a Participating
9. Each entrant is responsible for the cost of the text charged
by their service provider, which will be charged at the normal rate
by their service provider. An entry via text is deemed to be from
the individual who is the registered user of the mobile phone from
which the entry was sent. All valid entries received by text will
be entered into the main prize draw.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of
entries including requiring an entrant to provide proof of purchase
for each entry made during the Promotional Period. Any entry that
does not comply with these terms and conditions is invalid.
11. Entries for the main prize must be received by 11:59pm on
27/02/2017 (Closing Date). All entries received
after this time are invalid.
Main Prize draw
12. There are three main prizes to be won. The prizes will be
randomly drawn by computer on 01/03/2017 from all valid entries
received during the Promotional Period and up until the Closing
13. Each winner will be notified by telephone within 7 days of
the prize draw. The winners must respond within 1 week or the prize
will be forfeited and another winner drawn in accordance with the
unclaimed prize draw detailed below. The new winner will be subject
to the same terms and conditions of this competition. The Promoter
is not responsible for any notification that is misdirected, lost
or damaged, or if the prize winner cannot be contacted due to
incorrect details being provided in the entry process.
14. If a main prize remains unclaimed, the Promoter may conduct
an unclaimed prize draw at the same place as the previous prize
draw on 06/03/2017 in order to award the prize. The unclaimed prize
winner will be notified in the same manner as clause 12 within 7
days of the unclaimed prize draw.
15. The first 3 valid entries drawn will each win a man cave
package worth $3,500 which includes a Weber BBQ Grill, a Samsung
49" Full HD Smart LED TV, a Stand Up Paddle Board and an UE
16. The Promoter or its agency will correspond directly with
each Main Prize winner to send out prize packages.
17. In no circumstances will the Promoter assume any
responsibility or liability for any actions (or inaction) by a
winner in dealing with a prize
18. If the main prizes (or part thereof) are unavailable, the
Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute
that prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal
value and/or specification.
19. The Prize, or any unused portion of a prize, is not
transferable or exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash or
foreign credit. Entrants must keep proof of purchase, prize-winner
may be asked to present proof of purchase on redemption of prize.
Failure to produce proof of purchase may result in forfeiture of a
prize at the Promoter's absolute discretion.
20. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will
be entered into.
21. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that the Promoter
may use his/her name, address and photograph for publicity purposes
including but not restricted to on packaging, or in public
relations and marketing material via the internet or otherwise.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not
capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any
reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter
reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent
permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify,
suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
23. As a condition of accepting any prize that the winner and
any companion(s) may be required to sign any legal documentation as
and in the form required by the Promoter and prize
suppliers/organisers in their absolute discretion including but not
limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
24. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the
Promoter, Mitre 10 and Mitre 10 Mega (including their officers,
employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence),
for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of
opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential,
arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited
to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical
difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the
Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third
party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late,
lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their
receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable
control of the Promoter or the prize issuer; (d) any variation in
prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any
tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a
25. The Promoter (including its agencies) collect personal
information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this
purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but
not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to regulatory
authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information.
The Promoter may use the information for contacting the entrant in
relation to the Promotion. Entrants should direct any request to
access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries
become the property of the Promoter.
26. All personal information will be held in accordance with the
27. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of
all entries and to disqualify any entrant who interferes with or
fails to comply with the correct entry process, or who submits an
entry which is not in accordance with these Terms and