New Bare Timber
To coat new bare timber immediately, scrub damp timber with Cabot’s New Timber Prep, following label instructions. New Timber Prep will draw out tannins and oils quickly from the surface, allowing you to skip the 4-6 weeks weathering process required for new timber. Always follow New Timber Prep with Cabot’s Deck Clean following label instructions. Remove excess water from the surface with squeegee on Cabot’s Deck Prep brush, and allow timber to dry for at least 1 hour. Note: Cooler conditions could slow down the drying time of the timber.
Previously Painted or Varnished Timber
Remove back to bare timber using a paint stripper, or sanding. For exterior surfaces clean with Cabot’s Deck Clean following label instructions.
Previously Stained and Oiled Timber
For exterior surfaces clean with Cabot’s Deck Clean following label instructions. Test if the surface is ready for coating by sprinkling water on the timber. If the water ‘beads’ on the surface further weathering, sanding or use of a timber stripper is required before applying Cabot’s Aquadeck. If the water soaks into the surface, you are ready to apply Cabot’s Aquadeck. See application steps below.
Weathered and Grey Timber
Sand timber back to fresh timber. Clean with Cabot’s Deck Clean following label instructions. Note: Fill holes and imperfections with a suitable timber putty after applying the first coat of Aquadeck.
|Brush, Decking Applicator|
1. Stir thoroughly with a broad flat paddle before and during use. Pour Aquadeck into Cabot's Deck Hand™ bucket.
2. Apply using Cabot’s Deck Coat applicator along the length of the board, to seal exposed edges and end grain use a brush. Use a brush to cut in around the edges where required. The initial milky colour helps with even product application, drying to a semi-transparent finish.
3. Apply two coats allowing 1 hour between coats. Three coats will be required in extreme conditions such as full sun exposure and around pools.
Every 12 months check your coated timber for changes in colour or water repellency diminishes due to weathering. When required,
1. Clean the surfaces with Deck Clean as per label instructions.
2. Recoat with 2 coats of Aquadeck for a longer lasting finish.
• Use Cabot’s Everyday Deck Wash to refresh exterior timber decking and help remove dirt, dust and bird droppings for everyday use.
Base colours below are available instore to purchase. From these colour bases, you can tint to 100’s of colours. To view our range, view the colour visualiser.
All colours displayed on this page show 2 coats.
Colour varies depending on your timber type.
If you are unsure on how much product you need, please use our product calculator. Please note minimum length/width value is 1 metre and maximum is 50 metres.