Note: Fill nail holes, cracks and other defects with Cabot's Wood Tone Putty after applying the first coat of this product for accurate colour matching. Remove stains, dirt, wax, grease and oil with mineral turpentine. Remove any polish with a suitable floor polish remover.
Prepare cork according to cork manufacturers recommendations. Surface must be clean, dry and free of dust, grease or wax. Remove all loose and flaky rotted timber with a wire brush or course (60 grit) sandpaper.
Sand the surface smooth using 180 - 240 grit sandpaper. Sand only in the direction of the grain. Remove all traces of sanding dust.
Previously Coated Floors
1. Thoroughly clean the surface with Cabot's Floor Clean and allow to dry. Sand with 180 - 240 grit sandpaper and remove all traces of sanding dust.
2. Apply one coat to a small test area. Allow to dry for 12 hours. Press sticky tape firmly to the surface and pull off quickly. If the coating comes off, sand back to bare timber.
3. If coating adheres well, sand the entire area with 180 - 240 grit paper for good adhesion, remove dust, then follow application instructions.
|Apply with||6-10mm nap roller, Brush, Pad applicator|
Note: Do not shake can.
1. Stir thoroughly with a broad flat paddle before and during use.
2. Apply product with a pad applicator, good quality brush or 6 - 10mm nap roller.
BARE TIMBER FLOORS
1. Use a brush to cut in around the edge of one section at a time. Apply along the length of 3 - 4 boards, keeping a wet edge to prevent lap marks.
2. Allow to dry for a minimum of 12 hours, then lightly sand using 240 grit paper. Remove all sanding dust. If product does not sand to a fine powder it is not dry enough to recoat.
3. Apply the 2nd & 3rd coats as above.
PREVIOUSLY COATED FLOORS
1. Apply 2 coats working along the length of the boards. Sand between coats with 240 grit paper.
STAINING BARE TIMBER FLOORS
If staining is required, apply Cabot's Stain & Varnish Oil Based with a 6 - 10mm nap roller first, then coat with Cabot’s CFP Floor following application instructions above.
Note - To stain a previously coated timber floor, sand back to bare timber before staining.
Cabot's Floor Clean is recommended for regular cleaning. Maintain the sheen and appearance of the
floor using Cabot's Floor Polish. This will prolong the life of the floor coating.
Once your floors have been excessively scratched, it's time for a re-coat, following label instructions
Base colours below are available instore to purchase. From these colour bases, you can tint to 100’s of colours. To view our range, view the colour visualiser.
All colours displayed on this page show 2 coats.
Colour varies depending on your timber type.
If you are unsure on how much product you need, please use our product calculator. Please note minimum length/width value is 1 metre and maximum is 50 metres.