^ No sanding required.
No sanding is required for pre-coated timber floors, preparation steps below must be followed. Please note new timber must be sanded.
Remove stains, dirt, wax, grease and oil with mineral turpentine.
Remove any polish with a suitable floor polish remover.
Note: Floors with highly visible scratches, imperfections or floors that are severely worn must be sanded prior to coating.
Sand the surface smooth using 180 - 240 grit sandpaper. Sand only in the direction of the grain. Remove all traces of sanding dust.
Previously coated floors & timber floating floors
Thoroughly clean the surface with Cabot's Floor Clean and allow to dry. Apply one coat to a small test area. Allow to dry for 3 hours. Press sticky tape firmly to the surface and pull off quickly. If the coating comes off, sanding back to a sound surface will be required.
Note: Fill nail holes, cracks and other defects with Cabot's Wood Tone Putty after applying the first coat of this product for accurate colour matching.
|Apply with||6-10mm nap roller, Brush, Pad applicator|
Note: Do not shake can.
1. Stir thoroughly with a broad flat paddle before and during use.
2. Use a brush to cut in around the edge of one section at a time.
3. Apply product with a pad applicator, good quality brush or 6 - 10mm nap roller. Coat along the length of 3 - 4 boards, keeping a wet edge to prevent lap marks.
4. Allow to dry for a minimum of 3 hours. For best results, lightly sand to remove any grain raise using 240 grit paper. Remove all sanding dust.
5. Apply the 2nd & 3rd coats as above.
BARE TIMBER FLOORS
Apply 3 coats, allowing 3 hours between coats.
PREVIOUSLY COATED FLOORS
Apply 2 coats, allowing 3 hours between coats.
STAINING BARE TIMBER FLOORS
1. If staining is required, apply 1 coat of CFP Floor Water Based as a sealer.
2. Apply 1 - 2 coats of Cabot's Stain & Varnish Water Based with a 6 - 10mm nap micro-fibre roller.
3. Finish with 2 coats of Cabot’s CFP Floor Water Based following application instructions above.
Note: To stain a previously coated timber floor, sand back to bare timber before staining.
Cabot's Floor Clean is recommended for regular cleaning.
Once your timber floors have become excessively scratched, it's time for a re-coat with Cabot's CFP Floor Water based.
Base colours below are available instore to purchase. From these colour bases, you can tint to 100’s of colours. To view our range, view the colour visualiser.
All colours displayed on this page show 2 coats.
Colour varies depending on your timber type.
If you are unsure on how much product you need, please use our product calculator. Please note minimum length/width value is 1 metre and maximum is 50 metres.